How can I reduce gas in my stomach?
The gas problem in the stomach is natural and common. But, excess of pain or swelling of the abdomen can point to a serious condition in your simple lifestyle.
You can reduce gas problem only if you
- Eliminate certain foods: Common gas-causing offenders include beans, peas, lentils, cabbage, onions, broccoli, cauliflower, whole-grain foods, mushrooms, certain fruits, and beer and other carbonated drinks.
- Eat and drink slowly: Taking your time can help you swallow less air. Try to make meals on relaxed occasions.
- Get moving: It may help to take a short walk after eating.
- Eat fewer fatty foods: Fat slows digestion, giving food more time to ferment.
- Try low-lactose or lactose-free varieties.
- Avoid carbonated drinks and beer: They release carbon dioxide gas.
- Cut high-fiber foods: Fiber has many benefits, but many high-fiber foods are also great gas producers. After a break, slowly add fiber back to your diet.