Bhubaneswar (TF Bureau): Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik today announced immediate relief assistance for flood affected people after taking stock of the situation.
Patnaik made an aerial survey of the worst-affected regions.
“Undertook an aerial survey of flood affected areas. Odisha flood has waterlogged many districts, marooned many villages, agricultural crops, damaged houses, disrupted roads and other infrastructure. Expeditious steps are being taken to restore normal life in flood affected areas,” Patnaik tweeted.
The immediate relief assistance measures are:
- Cooked food /dry food for affected persons as long as they are in shelter.
- 50 kg of rice and Rs 500 to the families of the severely affected/submerged villages.
- One polythene sheet will be provided to each eligible family whose house has been demolished.
The demolition assistance will be provided in accordance with SDRF rules. The district attorney’s office will acess the damage within 15 days and provide assistance over the next week.
Under the SDRF rules, the victim will be provided with clothing and utensils.
Dairy farmers will be provided with food aid under the SDRF rules.
*Free treatment and vaccination will be provided to animals and birds in the affected areas.
- Free veterinary camps will be set up in the affected areas to treat the animals and birds.
- All other affected districts will be provided assistance under the SDRF Act.